Working together to build the Western Cape’s future
New in 2017!
- 6 new exhibition zones dedicated to construction, cement and concrete, digital construction, surfaces and finishes, tools and equipment, and Mechanical Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) services
- Stakeholder Engagement Forum providing inside access to the Western Cape's provincial government and leaders defining the development pipeline for the region
- Free CPD-accredited training programme featuring more than 15 training workshops over the 2 days of the event
2017 Stakeholder Engagement Forum provides inside access to the Western Cape's leaders
Thursday, 24 August 2017 from 11:00 to 13:00
What will you learn?
- An overview of infrastructure and investment taking place across the province
- What's in store for the construction sector for 2017/18? Market opportunities and threats to watch out for in the Western Cape marketplace will be highlighted
- New business opportunities for construction, infrastructure development and inner city refurbishment in the Western Cape
- An update on developmental milestones for the province and progress made towards current developmental goals
2016 image gallery
Conduct months of business interaction in only 2 days!
The Cape Construction Trade Expo is the ultimate marketing experience for suppliers and solution providers to the construction industry. Boasting over 100 exhibitors, this trade expo plays host to suppliers and solution providers involved in pre-construction, construction and post construction phases of the construction cycle. Chemicals, tools, equipment, finishes, materials and contracting services suppliers will be on hand showcasing their latest technologies and solutions.
"Thank you so much for making my first Hypenica experiences a mindblower and most definitely agood business choice made in reference to the response on the show and the 42 and counting e-mail quotes I have to respond to...this besides the networking deals made at the show. I can only speak volumes about the team".
John Greeff, Owner, Seatech Container Conversions
"We also want to commend you for the success with The Knowledge Lounge. We noticed how this aspect transformed the CCE compared to last year. Judged by the engagement, we expect that the CCE as an event (also the JHB events in May) has new relevance and so doing, bringing more interest and opportunities for the industry to connect and influence one another for the better of all – exactly what you & we want, right. We feel privileged to be part of this process".
Francois Swanepoel, (fusionBIM)
"I was so chuffed with the set-up, from registration to the expo itself. Our Department had a valuable display as well, we hope the smaller contractors will come on board and do business with us and we had a useful guide on how to tender. The Digital Knowledge Lounge was informative. We are considering getting a BIM for one of our Portfolios because of what we learned".
Mishay Nomdo-Philander, Western Cape Department Human Settlements
Highlights from 2016:
Cape Business News hosted the Stakeholder Engagement Forum: High level discussions pertaining to the Western cape's construction industry
VIP expo tour: Key decision makers interacting with exhibitors and participants
Interactive conference presentations and plenary discussions: participants where actively engaged knowledge leaders and key stakeholders
State-of-the-art technology and services: Over 60 of the most innovative suppliers to the construction industry
You can't afford to not be there
This is no ordinary event. We can guarantee that you will leave Cape Construction Expo with dozens of ideas and valuable contacts to make your job easier and more productive. The programme has been tailored to enable you to spend or as little time as you have.
No matter what function you fulfil within the construction value chain, you'll get fresh ideas and help from your peers and experts attending the conference.
- Innovation: Learn about state-of-the-art construction technologies from more than 100 exhibiting companies and sponsors showcasing the latest innovation and developments. Attend exhibitor workshops that provide training and introduce new technologies that provide further opportunities to build industry knowledge.
- Impact the future: A diverse attendee profile makes it even easier to share your passion for the construction industry and ignite enthusiasm for the next generation of construction professionals.
Quick facts about the construction industry in the Western Cape:
- Western Cape contributes almost 14% to the national economy
- Growth for the Western Cape is predicted to be 2.1% this year, increasing to 2.8% by 2018
- Western Cape has earmarked a further R17.3 billion for infrastructural public works
- Cape Town has allocated R6.5 billion ($535 million) for infrastructure investment for 2015
- R5.2m had been set aside for local contractors to apply for subcontracting tenders.
Showcase technologies and trends
Book your space now to reunite with the Cape construction industry in 2017
Plans for Cape Construction Expo 2017 are already underway with 40% of the floorplan already sold! If you are interested in exhibiting or sponsoring in 2017, contact the sales team to discuss the options that are available to you.
The Cape Construction Expo 2017 is an unprecedented opportunity to access the entire Western Cape construction ecosystem from project owner to contractor in a unique setting allowing for prestigious visibility, interactive networking and on-site demonstrations.
The SMART Buildings and Infrastructure Western Cape Summit – Africa's only platform designed for decision-makers and analysts from the public and private sectors responsible for the design, construction and operation of infrastructure assets and or the specification and procurement of major infrastructure assets.